SBI WhatsApp banking latest update: Here is a big update for SBI banking customers who want to access their accounts via WhatsApp. The State Bank of India launched its WhatsApp Banking services on Wednesday in a bid to make banking easier for its customers. Speaking to Twitter, the SBI said customers can now avail certain banking services from the lender using WhatsApp, which can be useful for many as they will no longer have to download it or go to the ATM.Read also – ITR filing 2022: Taxpayers can file a tax return via SBI’s YONO app | Check out the step-by-step guide
The SBI move comes days after SBI Chairman Dinesh Khara announced the bank’s plans to go the WhatsApp route. “Your bank is now on WhatsApp. Get to know your account balance and view mini statement on the go,” SBI said in a tweet. Also Read – SBI Raises Lending Rates Starting Today, Lending EMIs Will Rise. Check the latest interest rates
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) July 19, 2022
Read also – PNB presents a “pre-approved personal loan in 4 clicks and unique OTP” | Details inside
How to Activate SBI WhatsApp Banking Services
Bank customers should be aware that SBI WhatsApp Banking services will be available to them when they send a message saying “Hi” to the number +919022690226, the bank said in the tweet. Earlier this month, Dinesh Khara announced that SBI would soon launch its WhatsApp Banking services for customers, but did not provide any details on what services will be available.
How to avail SBI WhatsApp banking services: step by step guide here
- First you need to register your account and for this you need to first give your consent to get SBI banking services on WhatsApp with the number provided by the bank.
- The unregistered customer will receive the following message: You are not registered for SBI WhatsApp Banking services. To register and give your consent to use these services, please send the following SMS WAREG A/c No to 917208933148 from your mobile number registered with the Bank. You can consult the detailed T&Cs for these services on bank.sbi
- After registering, type “Hi” SBI on +919022690226 or reply to the message you received on WhatsApp saying “Dear Customer, you are successfully registered for SBI WhatsApp Banking services”.
- After sending your message, you will receive a response from the SBI.
- Then you have to choose from options 1 or 2 to check your account balance or get a mini statement of your last five transactions. You can also choose option 3 if you want to unsubscribe from SBI WhatsApp Banking.
- After that, your account balance or a mini statement will be displayed depending on your choice. You can also enter your query if you have one.
Apart from this, State Bank of India also offers WhatsApp-based services to its credit card holders through the “SBI Card WhatsApp connect” platform. Additionally, you can get account summary, reward points, outstanding balance, make card payments.